Thursday, May 1, 2008

Challenge Double Take, BRAKs and an award!


I've been busy this week, can you tell?? No stampin', no postin', very little bloggin'! Well, I'm trying to make up for it today. This card serves as 2 of the awesome challenges I've missed lately (I'll never catch up!). First is Splitcoast's weekly Color Challenge: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate and Soft Sky. .. and yes, I know I technically used Rose Red, but I challenge you to hold this prints paper and/or the Stick flower up to Purely Pomegranate and see the difference... that's what I though, none! :)



I also wanted to combine these with Jessie's awesome sketch challenge over on GSG. I really like this sketch and would definitely use it again! This card went through many changes, but I like the final result I think. I have used the Eastern Elegance Rub-ons in 4 different spots, can you find them?? Also used on this card (since they've been laying around due to my recent SAS) are the cardstock stickers from the Build-a-Flower Accents & Elements tin. Thanks for looking! Up next are two more Birthday-RAKs!

Here is a close-up of the brad with the rub-on on it (yes, I told you where one of the rub-ons is)- it was very easy, and I love the subtle look! Go Try it!


Stampin' Supplies (All SU!)

Stamps: Seeing Spots

Cardstock: Basic Black, Textured Soft Sky, Whisper White, Rose Red prints, Fall Flowers DSP(for the little circle)

Ink: basic black

Accessories: Eastern Elegance Rub-ons, Soft Sky DS ribbon, circle punches, Build-a-Flower Accents & Elements Tin, Silver brad, black marker

These two BRAKs are from Vicki (Luvs2stamp2) and Jessie (Knightrone) respectively. Aren't they sweet? Vicki somehow knew my favorite flowers in my flower beds! And Jessie managed to send, quite possibly, the thickest heaviest card I've ever received... I mean, check out those layers. She might have used an entire pack of Stampin' Dimensionals just on me! Thanks ladies, you're so sweet for making my b-day awesome last week!













And I almost forgot... I've been nominated by Lisa Henke and Nicole for an award!! The Arte y Pico award. (Thanks Lisa and Nicole) This award was originally designed by Eseya at arte y pico . You pick five blogs that you think earned this award based on their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community. List the names on your blog and link to their blogs. Leave a comment on one of their posts to let them know of the award! Each winner has to show the award and put the name of the person who gave them the award with a link to their blog. Also show the link to arte y pico. Here are the girls I'm passing on the award to:

Michelle

Jill

Wanda

Kim

Kendra

5 comments:

  1. WOW! My first bloggin award - I'm honored - thanks Kristin. It means alot that someone as talented as you finds inspiration in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Love it!! Thanks so much for the award!! You are so sweet!! HAPPY STAMPING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW! Thanks for awarding me! LOL
    Makes me feel all squishy inside!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! you know how to pack it all in one a post! Love the card, great use of the colors and the sketch. I love how you used the rubons, yes, I spotted them all! They are great for a quick card. Love the BRAK's, too-you lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very clever way to use the rub-ons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)