Thursday, May 8, 2008

Have you tried a Window Card??


Well, I can certainly think of all kinds of possibilities with window cards. I'm not saying this was easy, I measured and cut, measured and cut... probably using a few well-placed square punches would be easier! These are fun because it's like having an extra work surface to play with. Not only can you design the front of your card but you can add a hint of what's to come on the inside as well- FUN! Want to see other window cards?? Check out this link!

Now, I can't say this is my all time favorite card- I was initially pleased with it, but now it seems maybe too busy to me. I do love the window idea though! (Since I took this picture I've ripped off the small red center flower and it does look better.)

Here's a peek at the inside. I used a piece of the Ginger Blossoms collection of papers that I didn't think I'd end up using but something came over me and I thought it would look really pretty showing through a window!

Anyway, I am sending this to my friend Krystie Lee who's birthday is tomorrow! I hope she likes it.


SU Supplies
Stamps: Embrace Life, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Ginger Blossoms, River Rock
Ink: Basic Brown
Accessories: River Rock Double Stitched ribbon, copper brads, decorative scissors

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your colors and how the window fits so perfectly with the detail inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kristin! I love these window cards but I have never tried one. Now I really have to make one! :D Thanks for inspiring us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! If she doesn't love it, you can send it to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so pretty. I've never made a window card, but as usual, I think you just inspired me. I really love what you did with the inside. she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that paper inside - you rock! I like it with the red flower in the center too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)