Friday, May 16, 2008

Wish Big Petals


Here's my story on this card... yesterday I had some time to stamp and had dozens of ideas in mind. In fact, there were so many challenges and inspiration from various blogs and websites that I honestly felt overwhelmed and couldn't decide what to do... So I finally shut off my computer and tried to clear my mind. I sat down and just got started.

This 6x6 piece of Kraft cardstock was already on my desk from a previous project so I started with that. Not sure how the rest evolved but I'm pretty sure I like it! I hadn't pulled out my set Pick a Petal in quite a while. I had just finished mounting my new set Short & Sweet so I had to use that too (for the sentiment & tiny flowers around the frame). The ink I used is Ballet Blue (my go-to blue!), Whisper White and for the tiny flowers around the sentiment I used Sahara Sand since we don't technically have a "Kraft" ink color (which I'd LOVE to have!). The white gel pen and silver Hodgepodge with ribbons just finish it off.

I'm not sure I'll send this anytime soon- I think I'll just leave it sit here so I can look at it for a while. I highly recommend if you ever feel overwhelmed to shut everything off, clear your mind and just let your own creativity inspire you! It just might work. Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget, the Styled Silver Hodgepodge is in the current Occasions Mini and will only be available until the end of June!
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Pick a Petal, Short & Sweet
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White
Ink: Whisper White, Ballet Blue Craft, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Ribbon: Bashful Blue, Bluebird, Bashful gingham, Kraft Taffeta; Styled Silver Hodgepodge, White Gel Pen, Linen Thread





4 comments:

  1. I LOVE love love this! the kraft & blue go perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love all the ribbon and hardware!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I need to get my Kraft cardstock out more often.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. I likey! guess I need to take you tip to heart. I am feeling overwhelmed since I haven't stamped all week and those challenges are all piling up in my mind. I'll shut everything down and start new. I love the dots around the edge and I really like the ribbon on the frame, very nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)