Monday, May 5, 2008

New Challenge on GSG!

Be sure to check out the GSG blog today for a fun Inspiration Challenge! The inspiration piece is from Pottery Barn Kids if that gets you curious... Anyway, here is the card I made for the challenge. I was inspired by the colors and patterns, as well as the fresh fun look and the designs on the walls.

This card also meets the requirements of SCS's Friday Limit Supplies Challenge LSC166: Spotlight on Circles in which the only tools that can be used are circle punches!

I'm not entirely pleased with my design- specifically the stamping on the background... but overall I like the idea. If I were to do it again (which I won't) I would probably stamp the bursts (from Snow Burst) in just one color. This card is 4" by 8.5"- not sure why I decided to do an odd shape, but it fits in a business sized envelope so is sendable. TFL- hope you like it!

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Snow Burst, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Ballet Blue, Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Celery & Rose Red Prints
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Certainly celery, Ballet Blue, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White
Accessories: Circle punches in all sizes, striped Wasabi ribbon, White Gel Pen

4 comments:

  1. This was an awesome challenge Kristin!! Loved your sample and the inspiration piece!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I love it! I think it is so cool how you pulled the little bit of red from the picture and used it on your card. and all those circles are just adorable! great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is there not to be pleased about? I think you completely nailed the inspiration bedroom in a brilliant way! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)