Friday, May 23, 2008

A Great Swaps Challenge... or two (and a tiny bit of "mom" boasting!)


So this week it was my turn to choose the Featured Swapper on Great Swaps and I was excited to choose Lisa Henke!! She and I have quickly become good pals via on-line chatting and encouragement. We will also be roommates for this year's Stampin' Up! Convention in Utah in July! For the weekly Featured Swapper post we ask that everyone checks out the awesome swapper's gallery and/or blog and choose a card to CASE. This card is what I came up with after seeing this card of Lisa's. Here is Lisa's gallery and here is her blog, My Little Creative Escape!

The colors I chose are also inspired by the Great Swaps Group- this week's color challenge was to use Kraft, Certainly Celery and Cameo Coral. I love all three of these colors (I know I am in the minority on Cameo Coral, but I've always like it.) and had no trouble finding a way to use them together.

Well, I'm crazy busy around here lately with ball games, field trips, school field day, big weekend plans with family, parades, more ball games, retirement party, and somehow squeezing my crown molding project in there... then Kindergarten Graduation on Tuesday and the last day of school Wednesday. Phew! I'm exhausted just thinking of it all. Thank goodness we finally got our yard into shape this week and last- all weeding and mulching are DONE! That's a big weight off our shoulders since we hadn't really done much yard work at all the last 2 years with my DH in the middle of his master's degree. Anyway, we can once again feel some pride over our hard work!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so glad to have you and to see my "hits" increase so quickly every day- what a treat for me! If you haven't already noticed I posted a picture of my 2 little "angels" in the sidebar. They get to be on the same ball team this year so I had to get a picture with their matching uniforms. I'm biased but I think they're pretty cute. :) We're really enjoying watching their season progress this year- it doesn't hurt that they are doing well at 5-0 and they BOTH got homeruns in their last game! Thanks for patiently allowing me to boast a little. I'm done now.
Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Stitched, Happy Heart Day, Polka Dot
Paper: Whisper White, Kraft, Certainly Celery prints, Cameo Coral
Ink: Cameo Coral, Basic Brown
Accessories: scallop punch, circle punch, 3/16" punch, brads, kraft taffeta ribbon, ticket corner punch

3 comments:

  1. I love it Kristin! Thanks again for choosing me this week, it has been an honor. I love how you changed up my card, the stichted background and polka dots look great together and I love how youd did the ribbon. great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent CASE, and thanks for the reminder, I have my card done, but I haven't posted it yet!! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Kristin! I love the taffeta ribbon and your perfect bow. Great combination of stamps too. Most adorable are your two angels. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)