Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank you Color Coach!



I needed a masculine card for a relative and a thank you card for my DH to give to someone so I first pulled out my Wildlife Reserve stamps that I always do for anything related to my DH (he's a nature guy to say the least!).

Next, I went straight to the Stampin' Up! Color Coach for Ballet Blue (my favorite!). I chose Creamy Caramel and Always Artichoke with Ballet Blue accents (not exactly how you're supposed to use the color wheel, but it worked). There is a layer of Mellow Moss in there as well- it is listed on the wheel as a Dynamic Duo and I must agree. I refer to the Dynamic Duo section of the Color Coach often when I need a subtle layer or am working on a monochromatic or tone on tone card. It provides excellent pairings of colors!

Then I decided to pair the bird up with Lovely As a Tree which I haven't used in a LONG time (could be a year or more!). This is a great set to have for masculine cards (and Christmas cards, and sympathy cards and thank you... the list goes on and on)- tough to do those with flowers and bows!

Anyway, the front of this card ended up being a bookmark (not what I originally planned) attached with an Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware clip. I hadn't watercolored these trees in a long time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Hope you like it!

Stampin' Up! Supplies
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Wildlife Reserve, Sanded, Warmest Regards
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Basic Brown, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Watercolor Crayons, aquapainter, label punch, Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardware

3 comments:

  1. This is completely stunning!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful card. your coloring is awesome and the bookmark idea is such a wonderful "extra" for the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card! I love trees on the bookmark and the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)