Thursday, May 22, 2008

Take Care!


The color challenge on SCS this week was to use Soft Sky, Blue Bayou and Certainly Celery... I'm not sure this color comb can be messed up- these colors are the bomb! I decided to do a window card for this challenge, so using 2 sizes of square punches I punched through the layers (outside layer with larger square, inside layer with smaller square).

On the inside I lightly traced the window squares to help guide me where to stamp (this worked, although I still had to stamp on 4 sides of white paper before I got it just right- I was stampin' challenged this morning!!)


I wanted the flowers to just peek through the window for a hint of what might be inside. Let me give you a hint if you plan to do something like this: respoitionable adhesive!

The sentiment on the front is stamped on a folded tab punch. On one of the flowers inside I used a tiny bit of glue with our Fine Cosmo glitter for a little added surprise! The watercoloring was all done with the aquapainter and ink in the lid of inkpads. Also did a little sponging inside. The oval sentiment inside is raised on a stampin' dimensional. Hope you like it as much as I do!

Everything used is SU except the decorative Fiskars Scissor to do the scallop
Stamps: Vases in Vogue, Polka Dot background
Paper: Soft Sky Textured, Blue Bayou, Celery prints
Ink: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Certainly, Basic Gray
Accessories: Blue Bayou double stitched ribbon, square punches, scallop scissor (oops, guess that isn't SU), small oval punch, Fine Cosmo Glitter, glue pen, aquapainter, sponge

7 comments:

  1. Wowwie!! Love the windows and I still love Vases In Vogue too- that's a keeper! Perfect card for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! How clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love how there's almost a whole nother card inside! Great tip too, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!!! LOve the windows and the stamped inside! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am a new great swaps girl! i wanted to stop by to visit your blog...and i love it!

    i can't wait to visit often, and i'm excited about swapping with you in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is just too cute! yes, the colors are terrific (I really don't know what I'm going to do when the In Colors are gone :( I think the vases are my favorite part of this card. They are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)