Sunday, March 18, 2012

Birthday Duo


I looked up the other day and saw two random rolls of ribbon on top of each other.  They weren't doing anything wrong, but the colors together struck me!  Then last night I had some time to stamp (in fact, LOTS of stamping time this weekend- Yeehaw!!) and this is what came of it.  Lucky Limeade and Black.  Funny thing is, I didn't use either roll of ribbon as I had intended- left them alone to do their thing. 

I borrowed the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches because it is fun and I felt like it.  And you know, my mood is pretty much what drives everything I do... laundry, stamping, exercise, cooking.  If I don't feel like it, I don't do it.  Anyway, this set which I earned for FREE with a $50 order (until March 31) hadn't seen ink yet so I whipped it out. 
 Here's a shot at the inside.  Does that look anything like a banner underneath the sentiment??  My daughter swore up and down that it did, but I'm not so sure.  I loved the idea of a fun birthday banner on the inside but didn't feel like putting the effort into a full blown pennant banner full of layers etc.  So I punched a large star and cut off it's legs.  Voila.  I guess.  It's fun anyway and I figure this will be a birthday card for one of my son's friends one of these days and they don't even read them... just give them a shake to see what falls out.  LOL.

Just for fun I made a second card at the same time as the first, just reversing the colors and stamps basically.  I NEVER do that, so it was nice to end up with two cards in nearly the time of doing one.  Who knew!
Well guess what.  I've got 11, YES ELEVEN more cards to share with you over the next several days.  You won't know what to do having something new actually show up if you decide to stop back soon! 

Thanks for visiting with me today and I hope you have fabulous weather to enoy, wherever you are!  Off to do some yard work.
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Party This Way
Colors:  Lucky Limeade, Black
Accessories:  Crimper, Linen thread, narrow ribbon (in Old Olive and Black), Vanilla craft ink, Stampin' Dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. I love how the Limeade looks with the black! Great cards - and you are so clever to end up with two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This color combo is just fabulous! So dramatic! Nice job interpreting the sketch into two fantastic cards. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin,
    Wow, the colours are awesome together, love that banner in the middle, so fabulous and I love that you created it with the star punch! Looking forward to seeing your next 11 posts! Wowza!! You go girl! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)