Monday, March 19, 2012

Wedding Card Stash=1


I don't know about you, but I NEVER have a wedding card when I need one.  They just don't get made that often, probably because I don't specialize in "elegant".  So when trying to decide on a sentiment for this one I figured it might be a good idea to build up my stash.  Wedding card stash=1. 

This striped embossing folder keeps making appearances in cards that are drawing my attention.  So it came to mind when putting this one together.  Like how it takes a lot of plain white area and adds some interest?  Texture can do that!

My ribbon is pretty sad.  Considering I tried to duplicate a neat tutorial for making it all curly and bouncy like (wrap around a pencil and heat).  Well it was for awhile but, just like my hair, it went flat.  Since taking the picture I've tied the ribbon in a bow so it isn't so sad looking. 

Wondering about the sentiment piece??  Well, obviously it is the Modern Label punch.  But behind it is one petal from the new Blossom punch.  Not entirely necessary since I have the Movers & Shapers die that would layer perfectly, but since someone pointed out on their blog that they layer nicely I had to give it a go.  Maybe tomorrow I'll show you a better example.  

 Yes I did the inside too.  Kept it simple as well.  Just layered a smaller label framelit with the Modern Label punch and added a few pearls.
Funny thing.  After I completed this card the other day I was browsing around the internet for more inspiration and came across this sketch which I think is darn close (given some creative license) to my card.  So off to Stampin' 411 to enter! 

Hope you like it!  Off to play some more. 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Fresh Vintage, Petite Pairs
Colors:  Rich Razzleberry, Lucky Limeade, White
Accessorie:  Big Shot, Framelits Labels Collections, Pearls, Modern Label punch, Stripes embossing folder, Blossom punch

10 comments:

  1. I love the ribbon--I like how it hangs down! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. I love how the embossing folder makes the card look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tammy. I like the ribbon too. Ya know, I had lots of luck using the back of a pair of snips and curling it like curling ribbon. Maybe that would help you get the look you wanted? I love the detail and the multicolors for this stamp. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selene! I will try the paper snips next!

      Delete
  4. I love all the texture!!! What a fabulous wedding card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job, Kristen! Love how you tied the ribbon around the die-cut! Very effective for a wedding card. Thanks so much for playing along this week on Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen, I love your card, especially the ribbon treatment. Congrats on the showcase! I've really been enjoying browsing through your blog, you have done some gorgeous work. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the simple ELEGANCE of this card -- LOVELY! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)