Thursday, March 22, 2012

Totally Unique Blossom Window


(yes that title was sarcastic!)

Have you seen this concept yet, of the Blossom punch cutting a window off the edge of the paper?  Well it is all over the place.  I am officially THE LAST CRAFTER to try it.  But I did my best to make it my own.  Still in love with the long-retired Bermuda Bay In Color and this Thoroughly Modern DSP!  Other oldies but goodies I added to this one include the Rhinestone brad (Oh wait- those are still current!), the chocolate epoxy flower brad and the Natural Rope Twine. 

What's current??  Well, all of my punches and the sentiment, from Bring on the Cake stamp set!  And that mini silver brad too. 

Let's see if I can round up a few other examples of this same design:  Here's the one that I was inspired by, another one, and another.  Tried to find more but got distracted and lost in blogland.  If you have one like this and would like to link it in comments that would be great too!  Would love to see it! 

And yes, the inside is done, but it is fairly boring so I didn't bother with a photo.  So I'll quit there.  Thanks for visiting!  I'd love to hear from you so I can come and visit my visitors! 
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps:  Bring on the Cake, Mixed Bunch
Colors:  Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, Naturals Ivory, Crumb Cake
Accessories:  Mini silver brad, chocolate epoxy brad, Rhinestone brad, Boho Blossom punch, Blossom punch, Triple layer flower punch, circle punches, Natural Rope Twine, Bitty Punch pack

9 comments:

  1. I love it.
    Cathy R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, this is AMAZING. Just had a party and am getting this--TOTALLY want to CASE you! Is that ok?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, You are NOT the last one to do this. I have yet to try it. LOL Thanks for showing this, now I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! And if it helps you to feel better, not only are you not the last to do this, I don't even have my punch and stamp set yet! And that's killin me. I've seen so many of these, and so many other wonderful things, and can't do any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to have to finally give in and do this one. I've seen so many of them but yours is my favorite. LOVE the colors... sure wish we still had that green! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may be all over but I saw it for the first time here! I love it, Kristin. Your take on the design is my favorite and I have given you a shout out on my blog today! I changed up the colors but I adore the ones you've used...I agree with you on this DSP and these colors. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca Parker June 13, 2012
    Was looking thru the current catalog & was wondering what
    cards had been made with "Bring on the Cake". This is my first time seeing this card & it really caught my eye! This is one card I will make several of & send to a friend who in turn gives them as b-day cards to church gf's that have up coming b-days. Really fantastic colors, but then I like earth tones. Tks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how can cut like flower??
    i'm relly relly love it , but i can't make like it
    and i like this colours

    i'll try make a card like you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)