Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Are you up for a color challenge?

I'ts Wednesday and you know what that means... time for another Diva Coffee Break Designs challenge! I gotta admit, Christmas isn't where I was going with this at first... but that's where it ended up somehow. These colors weren't the easiest to work with for me- too similar in tone I guess. I decided to focus on the two I liked best together- Creamy Caramel and Bravo Burgandy and go from there. Turns out I like the Ruby Red flower on there and the Always Artichoke... well, it's on there.

First thing I did was emboss the Creamy Caramel piece with the Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions folder with the intent of using the other side but somehow I liked this better and decided to cut it into a trio. Added the cut out flower, stamped sentiment and some white organza ribbon and called it quits.

Now, why don't you stop lurking and go play along with the Diva challenge this week. Pretty please?!? Tell them Kristin sent ya too so everyone knows that my gals like a good challenge! Go on!

Thanks for visiting again and for your humbling comments!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Flowers, All Holidays
Colors: Creamy Caramel, Ruby Red, Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgandy, Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Manhattan Flower Textured Impressions Embossing folder, Key tag punch, White gel pen, White Organza ribbon, Modern Label punch.

5 comments:

  1. welll, after our chat yesterday...holy heck, THIS is GORGEOUS!!! you rocked these colors. Kristin, now I think I need to rethink one of the cards for my Holiday SAS, this is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Love the backwards manhattan embossing. The more I see cards made with that, the more I want it. This is a great use for it. Love how you did the colors and the layout. Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous card!! I love the colors, and all the fun elements that went into this card. TFS!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Kristin, this is a fab-o card! I am a little late in checking out last weeks diva challenge but I love what you have done. You did a great job hiding your struggle with the colors because this turned out great! I love the use of the negative embossed image. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)