Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's a Diva Wednesday Sketch Challenge!

Good morning ladies and gents! Today I've brought to you this week's Diva Coffee Break Designs sketch challenge. As you can probably see I did everything I could to make this sketch my own but still follow the general design. That's called stretching it a bit! Anyway, I saw an amazing card using thie stamp set Greenhouse Gardens with craft ink on dark cardstock r
ecently and knew I wanted to try that. My card is nothing like the one I saw other than the stamps and the fact that I used craft ink. Anyway, In order to not cover up too much of the stamping I decided to use vellum for my layers. Do you ever think to use vellum?? It doesn't happen much for me, but when I do it is always fun and new.

To get the look of the three circle images at the left I used Pewter Jumbo Eyelets with the trusty Crop-a-Dile... but decided to tone them down a bit so not too harsh looking on this soft pretty card by tying a bit of dotted Soft Suede grosgrain ribbon through each.

Well, I sure hope you'll join us this week for this great challenge! I'd love to see your take on this sketch!

Thanks for visiting me today,
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Greenhouse Garden, Full of Life
Colors: Soft Suede, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Blush Blossom, Whisper White
Accessories: Vellum, Ice Rhinestone brad, Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Soft Suede dotted grosgrain, eyelet border punch, Markers for sentiment

9 comments:

  1. such a beauty! love the craft ink on the dark cs, and the vellum is a perfect match with the opaque look of those inks. NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Kristin love your take onthe sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin:
    I love this card, it is so elegant and what a great idea to use the ribbon for the side element, a very nice touch indeed.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, this is beautiful! And your CAS cards in the previous posts are just classic! I love them, and I so hope you make the design team....a wish of mine, but I know I would not have the time!!! SO I will just gaze at your cards!!! And your little alligator Santa--TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin this card is to die for - the colours and the stamping and the velum and the ribbon and the eyelets WHOWZ you have done such an amazing job.
    Way to go - thank you for the wonderfu inspiration - sure do love your card
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kristin, this is a beautiful card. It is just so elegant and beautiful. I love the look of the craft ink it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color combination and your vellum strip on the side--nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card and the colours you used. I think you have inspired me to get out my set and try my card again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is gorgeous! The other card you CASEd had white EP on it, so that's why it was vivid, but I think your version is beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)