Monday, November 9, 2009

Bring on the Holidays!!

That's right I'm ready... as ready as I'll ever be. I am on a roll today and have made 4, count 'em FOUR Christmas cards! Wanna take a guess how many of them are non-traditional? Yep, all four! Don't get me wrong, we've got trees and poinsettias, Christmas sentiments and even some Christmas colors but in one way or another they are all a bit unconventional. Just the way I like it!

This first one is for today's Clean & Simple challenge on Splitcoast to use white and ONE other color (black counts!). So this one fits the bill- all white with some Melon Mambo. I knew texture would be a requirement for such limited colors so started out using the Petals a Plenty Textured Impressions embossing folder in the Big Shot on the white. Then I changed my mind a few times and ended up making a poinsettia bloom with the 5 petal flower punch and some little dots from my standard hole punch. Added some Crystal Effects (Yes I do own this stuff... I just never think to use it) with a bit of Dazzling Diamonds on top for a little sparkle! Embossed the sentiment and called it done. So what do you think?


Announced today is a new call for the Winter term Design Team for the Clean & Simple challenges. I tried out last term and didn't make it so I'm trying again. I love these challenges and would really enjoy getting them early and making samples for everyone to be inspired by!

Of the 3 challenges this time I've done two of them with three different cards... so far. I fully intend to do the last challenge as well. This one is for the Inspiration challenge which was to go to THIS website and pick something to be inspired by. I chose THIS cute little spun glass ornament. Of course I reached for my Wild About You set with this cute alligator. His hat is made from the large Star punch with some white felt I had used for my daughter's skunk costume this year for Halloween. The sentiment is from an old set called Punches Three- a hostess set from 2008. Ribbon is a retired Old Olive twill which I love and really wish it would be a mainstay in the SU catalog! Funny thing is I designed this card with the Sleigh Bells ribbon from the current Holiday Mini in mind. Things happen!

The other two cards I made today I'll save for tomorrow. They are both for the sketches provided for the CAS DT tryouts. If you just can't wait you can check out my gallery on Splitcoast- I'll be putting them in there shortly.

Gotta go check on the pups and get my oil changed! Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Card 1: Stamps- All Holidays; Colors- Melon Mambo, Whisper White; Accessories: Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions embossing folder, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, 5 petal flower punch

Card 2: Stamps- Punches Three, Wild About You; Colors- Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Very Vanilla, Old Olive; Accessories: Scallop Square punch, felt, large star punch, scallop edge punch, Old Olive twill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)