Monday, November 2, 2009

Party Hearty Dude!

Today's Clean & Simple challenge on Splitcoast was to follow a given sketch. it is an awesome sketch and I really enjoyed creating with it. Today I started out in a different mode (imagine Roses and Rose Red) but somehow ended up going a totally different direction! I enjoy making masculine cards from time to time, especially because so many people find them hard to do and are often looking for ideas.

It took me a while to figure out which sentiment would be perfect since I don't have any teen slang sets. "Party Hearty" seemed just right to me and the look of stamping it over and over again seems to add a more casual feel. Did you notice the frayed end of the ribbon, held on by a staple? Those little touches are always what I strive to find, sometimes successfully and sometimes not so much. LOL!

The Bermuda Bay swirls meant to simulate water in motion is from my brand new Scribbles and Swirls Sizzlit die for my Big Shot. I can think of so many uses for this die and this is only the beginning- you can count on seeing it much more in the future!

Enough chatter, enjoy your day and thanks for visiting me! If you can't think of anything better to do why don't you go play along with this challenge?! Anyone is welcome! Or better yet, go play along with last week's Diva challenge for a chance to be made famous by being our next Featured Artist!! We'll be making our selections tomorrow probably so hurry!

~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Extreme Surfboard, Party Hearty
Colors: Soft Suede, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories: Bermuda Bay Dotted Grosgrain (flip side), large oval punch, Big Shot, Scribbles and Swirls Sizzlit, corner rounder, Thoroughly Modern DSP, Stapler

4 comments:

  1. Love all the elements you combined and the colors. This is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cool card--I love that ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooooooo cute! I love the way you frayed and stapled the ribbon and how you used the scribbles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)