Sunday, November 15, 2009

Today You are 5

Here's another of the layouts I finished this weekend. I really like how this turned out, especially since I didn't have the best pictures. Both pages use sketches that I believe came from the most current Creating Keepsakes magazine sketh insert. I love starting with a sketch when I scrapbook- somehow it makes me feel more creative by giving me a starting point then the freedom to do what I want with it.

I cannot boast that all things used here are Stampin' Up! Namely the cardstock is from some stack I had- I have used up most of my favorite colors of SU 12x12, especially the textured, so I had to dig deep into my stash for this. The nice thing is that they were a close match to our Night of Navy and Always Artichoke and Creamy Caramel- at least close enough to use the craft ink for the chipboard letters.
As far as I recall all the chipboard I used is from SU (or was) but I have gobs of chipboard and some of it is mixed up. The giant 5 was cut with my friend's Cricut. I think the punched stars really add impact and make a big difference on this layout- before I added them it was a bit plain and boring. On the page below did you notice there is a star punched from the corner of the picture! I love the look this adds in person- some extra dimension I guess.


I used the Modern Label punch to add some... I don't know, hinges or buckles maybe?? Put a Playground button and some brads and called it done! IN case you noticed, yes this is the second layout of my son's 5th birthday and believe it or not, there is another full layout coming as well. I guess that's what happens when you get lots of pictures at three different events celebrating the same thing. These won't all be in the same album so it won't be quite as redundant at least. LOL! The funny part was writing my journaling... the last sentence says "I can't believe our baby boy is 5 already!" but soon he will be 10! Yep, that's how far behind I am.

Thanks for visiting! More to come...
~Kristin

SUO Supplies: Small and large star punches, Modern Label punch, vintage brads, Playground button, Chipboard, Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel and Always Artichoke Craft ink, marker.

1 comment:

  1. look at you! these pages are awesome! just when I think I'm going to get time to work on my own, something else exciting comes up! (yes, I have a secret I have to keep for another 2 weeks-eeeek!) love the colors and love the mix of fonts on the title.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)