Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Color Challenge

Last Monday the CAS (Clean & Simple) challenge on Splitcoast was to usea sponging technique in a CAS way. The color challenge on Tuesday was to use Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Pretty in Pink together. Initially I intended to make a needed baby card, but somehow I ended up with a Christmas card. Not sure how that happened but if you like non-traditional Christmas cards then this may be for you!

In case you're not sure, the sponging comes in around the Christmas tree. I actualy stamped one on scrap paper then cut it out and used it for a mask to sponge white chalk around. It is very subtle so not immediately obviously, but adds a bit of a warm glow to the tree. The edges of the Old Olive piece are also sponged with Old Olive ink.

Hope you like it... maybe next week I'll get that baby card done!
Glad you decided to visit today!
~Kristin


SUO Supplies
Stamps: Punch Pals (not sure what set the snowflake is from)
Colors: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Accessories: Pink gingham ribbon, Boho Blossoms punch, sponge, corner rounder, white gel pen, silver brad, Modern Label punch, small oval punch

2 comments:

  1. Very CUTE! Love the small things. Love the layering of the sentiment. Fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! great color combo and it does work great for a holiday card, but I think it works for that baby card you needed, too! great sentiment/punch combo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)