Monday, November 30, 2009

Those Turkeys!

Sorry, no cards yet today... we were gone all weekend so the only thing I have to share is this picture of my turkeys. I found the idea to make a fruit turkey on FamilyFun.com and we all enjoyed making him then eating him! Since my mom is an amazing cook and she does it ALL she only asked my sister and I to contribute appetizers which is where this guy came in.

His body is a pineapple (as opposed to the melon they suggested) and the skewers have grapes, pineapple and 3 kinds of cheese on them. YUM! His head is a pear with blueberries for eyes and slices of red pepper for the snoot thing (cannot remember what that is called) and the feet. All put together with toothpicks and skewers. This was fun and easy, but by the time it was done the kids were getting bored and not really into posing for pictures.

I hope you all had a wonderful fabulous holiday and enjoyed some family time! Hopefully I'll be back later today to post something handmade, but with paper this time!
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. We made one of these last year - my boys loved it! Looks like your little chefs did too. Cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! What a perfect holiday snack or appetizer.
    How fun, cute & tasty too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)