Monday, March 9, 2009

Butterfly Birthday

This isn't for a sketch challenge, color challenge, inspriation challenge or any other type of challenge believe it or not. I just felt like stamping last night after the kiddos were in bed and this just happened. Once again I started with the Color Coach, actually closed my eyes, and spun! It landed on Always Artichoke- a favorite anyway!- which included Brilliant Blue (another of my favorites), Rose Red, Elegant Eggplant and Bravo Burgundy. Well, I thought I'd get one of those other colors in at the last minute, then didn't and I'm OK with that! I used two neutrals, kraft and vanilla instead.

I felt like messing around with my Texturz Plates and the Big Shot so I kind of went there next, chose the plate I wanted, and let that help me decide my stamp set. I actually used two different Texturz Plates- one on the blue and one on the Kraft. I intended to highlight the texture with either piercing or a gel pen then decided that would be overkill once the card was done. That's one of those things that could ruin a perfectly fine card, you KWIM??

So thanks for stopping by! I'm off to play today's MOJO Monday sketch, which I always look forward to. Why don't you play along with me?!

Have a great day!
~Kristin

oops, forgot to add my supplies list:
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Brilliant Blue, Very Vanilla, Kraft
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brilliant Blue, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, circle punches, Brilliant Blue brads, Texturz Plates, Big Shot

2 comments:

  1. Great card, Kristin. I have all the stuff to make it, so that's what Ima gonna do ... right now!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. see, told you, you inspired me to use my color wheel. this turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)