Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Choo Choo for a birthday boy!

Yesterday I posted the baby girl card I made for Monday's CAS challenge. Well, today I'm sharing the boy card I made with a brand new set called Choo Choo! It will be available for purchase from Stampin' Up! beginning April 1st in the new Occasions Mini Catalog. Here are the adorable shoes I got my inspiration from.

I wasn't sure if this qualified as a CAS card, but honestly it only has the one layer (plus the cupcake). The cupcake was colored with markers then I did cut it out, but it is not hard and took only a minute or less. I did cut a slit in the train piece so the cupcake would slide right in! I was tempted to do so much more- add a matching ribbon or some brads for wheels, or even some paper piercing, but I resisted!

So, hope you are having a great day! If you haven't yet tried the CAS challenges, you should. They are fun and just might add a new twist to your stamping!

Thanks for visiting!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: Choo Choo, Party Hearty, Darling Dots
Paper: Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Sahara Sand, Always Artichoke
Accessories: None, can you believe it?!!

4 comments:

  1. This is A-dorable!! Love how you did the smoke coming up, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it sure is a CAS card. Now you are making me think I NEED to get that train set. love the cupcake added to the car. sooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kristin, this is ADORABLE!!! I love the cupcake and the steam, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally adorable! That cupcake totally makes the card! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)