Friday, March 20, 2009

Hoppy Easter Basket

Boy did I mess up! Today's Limited Supplies Challenge on Splitcoast is to make a spring card using a spring flower or bulb as the main image and only the Soft Subtles color family! I started out just fine- picked the basket of tulips in the A Flower for All Seasons stamp set- then I made this basket weave background. Next is where I messed up- I decided I should use my NEW Easter set An Egg-celent Easter instead since I've only had time to use it once so far... so I switched. And didn't realize I was breaking the "rules" for the challenge until I had this all done!

Oh well, besides some fairly obvious smudging (crap!) I do like how it turned out. Here's a TIP: for anyone wanting to do something at all similar: USE STAZ-ON black ink, NOT Basic Black!!! I was doing fine adding a tiny bit of shading around my bunnies then without warning my aquapainter flow got a bit too heavy. OK, no problem, I just flipped the image over and tried to dab off the extra water on my grid paper. YIKES! I turned it over and was so frustrated to see that was a big mistake. I had already paper pieced the bunnies' outfits and used the SAMJ to determine just where to stamp them... I wasn't going to start over (although the thought did cross my mind!)

ETA: OK, so I was mixing up the Stamp Something Challenge for today and the LSC on SCS! So this is GOOD for Stamp Something's Spring challenge!
Finished it off with a few easter eggs (which I DID use Staz-On for) and a pretty pink button from the Button Bouquet, topped with some Pretty in Pink grosgrain ribbon.

Hope you like it, even if I can't post it to the LSChallenge!
Thanks for stopping by- hope you're having a great day!

PS- Ha! I just realized while posting my supplies that I accidentally used Sahara Sand and Kraft- not a combination I would recommend! What a ding dong I am today!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: An Egg-cellent Easter
Paper: Sahara Sand, Kraft, Very Vanilla, Parisian Summer DSP
Accessories: markers, white gel pen, word window punch, square punch, Button Bouquet, Pink grosgrain

8 comments:

  1. I think this card is magic despite your "goofs." Water blobbing out is the reason why I don't like the Aqua Painter; you really don't have the control as with using a watercolor brush. Rather than turning over your project to blot unwanted water, use a paper towel. Wad or fold the towel and use a "point" to soak up the water. And you're so right about using StazOn ink rather than SU! black. Maybe I'm odd, but I like the Sahara Sand and Kraft together.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! I love how it turned out. I have never done that weaving technique, you did an awesome job with it. Love that bow that you attached to the button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, whatever hurdles you had to overcome were sure worth it. the end result is fabulous! such a cute card and so glad you played along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful Easter card, Kristin! I especially like the basket weave background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL about all your *trials and tribulations* with this card! It turned out great anyway! I loved it immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tag you're it! check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you are so funny! I am glad to know that others have "moments" in our stamping rooms.....you persevered, and what an awesome card. I am going to have to try that basket technique--it looks SO realistic! TFS!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)