Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FINALLY! A post today!

That's how Tuesday's are I guess- since I volunteer at school in the morning and I'm usually working on my DCBD challenge for Wednesday...

But I did get a chance to make something for today's Splitcoast Color Challenge! This challenge was to use Baha Breeze, Pretty in Pink and Kiwi Kiss!

My brain went all over the place on this one but you know what finally got me started?? Scraps! That's right- almost every card I do is dictated by what I find in my scrapbag for a particular color scheme. Honest! I'm not saying these were all scraps... well, OK, they were all scraps except the white mat behind the Baha layer! Even the Pretty in Pink card base was already cut and scored.

So I whipped out an old technique for this one- Poppin' Pastels! I hadn't planned to, but once I saw the white flowers on the blue I decided to just dab a touch of color with my chalks. I still wanted a sort of dreamy look so I didn't chalk the stems in green (I also don't have a Kiwi chalk!).

If you are noticing the scalloped edge I know what you're thinking. I'm using it an awful lot lately for not being "so crazy" about it, and not being a "frilly type". You got me! I didn't think I really cared to have that punch, but hey, I reserve the right to change my mind!

I have nearly an entire spool of that Pink Pirouette ribbon so had to get that on here! I love it, so not sure why I haven't used it much. I think tying a chunky knot with that wider ribbon sometimes stumps me, like in this case. But, I found an alternative so that my sentiment could still fit nicely without all the bulk.

Well, thanks for visiting. Gotta run! Tuesday is our gymnastics night and MY volleyball night which I look forward to tremendously!

See ya'll tomorrow! Be sure to come back to see the DCBD challenge and the winners of last week's contest!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Oval All
Ink: Whisper White, Baha Breeze
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Baha Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Accessories: Eyelet border punch, large oval punch, curly label punch, button bouquet, wide Pink PIrouette grosgrain, chalks, sponge dauber, linen thread, Big Shot, Dotted Texturz Plates

4 comments:

  1. you rock this stamp set! love this! very soft and dreamy!
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. turned out real pretty. Did I inspire you to use chalks with my post from the other week? ;) I think olive chalk looks okay for kiwi. I really like that new eyelet punch, nice finishing touch to this card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)