Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Just Because

Boy I like these Mojo Monday sketches! It's a contest week so there are prizes! If you haven't checked it out- go do it and be sure to play along!

I did adjust the sketch a bit, to work for me. Once I had the majority of the card designed and put together I realized I didn't quite have room for the sentiment and line of piercing or whatever at the bottom, so I improvised and just put it near the bottom.

For this card I combined patterned paper from Urban Garden and Urban Oasis- which work great together! I love that they have many similar colors because that just gives me more "room to move" within the patterns. These flowers are from Fifth Avenue Floral. They are embossed then watercolored for some highlight. The sentiment is also embossed in black and is from a retired set called Fancy Flexible Phrases. You already know I love that set! This luscious ribbon is satin kiwi!

Thanks Mojo Makers for the awesome sketch! And thanks for stopping by to check in. Why not drop me a note to let me know you've visited?!

~Kristin

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I really like what you've done with this sketch, Kristin! Love the colors and those fabulous flowers! Good luck with the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most awesome card I think I've seen with this stamp set! It's going to sell a lot of 5th Ave stamp sets for you! GREAT job!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is drop dead gorgeous! good luck, hope you win some Verve goodies. you've rocked these sketches this last month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kristin! We must have been on the same wavelength with the lilies for Mojo Monday :) I love your card using the rose stamp from this set as well - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Takes my breath away - gorgeous, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I'm lovin' this card! AMAZING colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS, Kristin! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on this one! Stunning!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the colors and stamped image. Great job!!!

    Michele
    My creative blog:
    http://sweetpaperdreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love what you did with this set. Very nice!! Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love the pretty colours

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW - love it! Great job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Consider yourself CASED, sista!!

    Rubber Hugs,

    Char in So Cal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)