Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's a Diva Wednesday!! {DCBD#120}

Here is my card for this week's Diva Challenge! I don't know what made me go with the Wanted stamp set.. in fact, neither of the cards are at all what I pictured when I saw the inspiration piece and color scheme. I thought I'd go with something nice and soft and pretty and feminine. I guess my second one is sort of feminine with all the flowers and glitter, but I think it could fall in the "tacky"category too which is why I did another one. (You'll see that one later in this post.)

Our challenge was to use Bashful Blue, Rose Red, Going Gray (oh crap, I just realized I used Basic Gray. Oops!), and Whisper White. I have absolutely not another shred of Going Gray so I'm kind of glad I didn't notice that until now- I would've totally stressed about that! I guess I'll have to break down and buy some- although the only reason I haven't thusfar is because it ONLY comes in a multi pack with other neutrals, of which I have TONS!

Anyway, this is a card for one of my son's classmates who is home sick after having his tonsils out. Here is the inside. Don't you just love how that horse looks when stamped multiple times in a row?! I didn't get my western star on the front anywhere so thought I'd put the sentiment (from Mini Mates) on it inside. The medallion stamped behind it is also from Wanted.

This is the other card I did with these colors. It is also for Monday's Clean & Simple challenge on SCS to use punches on a CAS card. I used the retired Spring Bouquet punch as well as the current Curly Label punch. The rows of "happy birthday" at the left were done with the Happy Happy Birthday jumbo wheel. I cut the curve in a piece of typing paper with the rotary tool in the Cutter KitAdd Image then layed it over my card front so I could wheel in that same curved pattern (if that makes any sense).

Then I adhered the flowers and stamped the greeting with versamark, embossed with Heat & Stick powder then poured on some fine cosmo glitter! Punched it out and attached. There is a touch of glitter on the centers of a few of the flowers which ended up getting glitter everywhere.

Anyway, there you go! Two very different cards with the very same (wrong, but same) color scheme!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
card 1:
Stamps- Wanted, Sanded, Oval All, Mini Mates (retired)
Cardstock- Basic Gray, Rose Red, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Accessories- Scalloped oval punch, large oval punch, Pewter Jumbo Eyelets, Top Note, Big Shot, Bashful Blue Grosgrain, sponge, distressing tool, Crop-a-Dile

card 2:
Stamps- Cute & Curly
Cardstock- Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Rose REd, Basic Gray
Accessories- Happy Happy Birthday Jumbo Wheel, Spring Bouquet punch, fine Cosmo Glitter, Curly Label punch, Heat & Stick Powder, Versamark

14 comments:

  1. I like them both! How did you get the "happy birthday" in different colours? One by one? Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a nice combo and I DO love that first card. You really know how to use that horse stamp, I always love what you do with it. your CAS card is cute too, I had forgotten about that punch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The layout on that first one is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, that cards are great!! I just noticed last night too that it was going gray and not basic gray...like you have ZERO going gray LOL

    Julie
    www.inkedujour.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both of your cards! So nice! The punched flowers is a great idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are gorgeous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these cards!! I really like how you did the ribbon on the first card!! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job on this challenge. I like both of your cards. I like how you used your flowers as a border on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love them all .... I especially the second card so simple! great job

    ReplyDelete
  10. ROFL.. you know what I used Basic Grey too! ROFL.. I love your card it is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like we're all boycotting the whole "going grey" concept. I plan to never "go grey!" Love your cards, always good to see a nice masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kristin,
    What a great selection of beautiful cards. It's amazing how different all the cards look but yet used the same colors. Great job!! The themes are all so different yet joined with color. WOW!!
    Denise from OHio
    Phil4:13

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love these! I would love for you to take some pictures of how you did the curvy part on the bottom - I'm very visual and I'd love to see this done - it would be a great excuse to buy something else! :)
    ~Kendra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)