Thursday, March 12, 2009

A little something new


As you may recall my mentioning, yesterday my new goodies came from the preorder period for the Occasions Mini Catalog that is available April 1st. This set I used is called An Egg-celent Easter (available to YOU right now)and really I bought it because of this little chick with the eggs on his head.

Have you ever gotten so much new stuff at once that you just got overwhelmed and all creativity goes out the window?? That's what happens to me sometimes. In fact, nearly every time I get a box of new stuff it sits on my desk for at least a day before I can wrap my head around it. I know that is weird!

Well, this isn't exactly an "inspired" work of art... the chick is stamped on watercolor paper and I watercolored her with aqua painters and watercolor crayons mostly. I intended to use mostly barely banana and keep the yellow subtle but the Yoyo Yellow ended up matching better so I found my sole remaining piece of Yoyo! The scalloped oval punch is NEW in this catty and perfectly fits with the large oval punch we've already got (ooh, and an awesome new stamp set that coordinates)! The bottom edge is made with the new eyelet border punch in the big catty. It isn't entirely my style as I'm not very frilly but I've seen so many cute things done with it and it was FREE so why not!

I had a long day helping with school pictures today so I'm gonna stop there and hopefully have something a little more exciting for you tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping!
~Kristin
SUO Supplies
Stamps: An Egg-cellent Easter
Cardstock: Ballet Blue, Regal Rose, Yoyo Yellow, Very Vanilla, Watercolor paper
Accessories: Vanilla EP, scallop oval punch, large oval punch, rose grosgrain, eyelet border punch, aqua painter, Watercolor Crayons.

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, this is precious!! I haven't used these 2 stamps out of the set yet, I need to ink them up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)