Monday, March 23, 2009

A color & a sketch (and a hug around the neck?!)

Happy Monday! It's time for another Mojo Monday challenge and a brand new Raspberry Suite Color Challenge by Dawn McVey- her very first! Well, I combined the two just for fun, and fun it was! Here is the sketch as well as the color challenge which I took to be Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie and Rose Red.

I like to mix up the main panel in sketch challenges like this. To me it is so easy to just reach for white or vanilla without thinking and go from there, but the cards with some other color for that panel are the ones that often catch my eye... hence, the chocolate chip with stems from Embrace Life stamped in white ink.

I also used my new Eyelet border punch and the Beautiful Butterflies Die with the Big Shot. Also fairly new is the 5/16" jumbo white brad in the center of the butterfly.

The DSP that I used is from old pattern packs that were free hostess gifts in the past. The ribbon, you may recognize as the chocolate chip twill that was offered in a mini a while ago. I may not stray when it comes to using Stampin' Up! only products, but I can say that I use old & new, retired or not, together all the time. No wasting supplies or regrets here!
Well, thanks for stopping by! Oh HEY, don't forget to play along with the Diva's challenge from last week to WIN a PRIZE! Your odds are about 1 in 16 right now- that's not bad! We're choosing our winner tomorrow.

One more thing, there are 8 days left in Sale-a-Bration so be sure to get your orders placed ASAP if you want FREE STUFF! Your first on-line order of any amount now until April 30th (or while supplies last) will earn you a FREE Idea Book & Catalog.

OK, that's all.
~Kristin



15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the colors together. YOu did a great job on the color challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about using white/cream for the main panel - I do it easily. Wish I'd mounted mine onto a blue card blank myself. Ah well never mind.
    Great card
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean and stylish! I love the butterfly accent. Fun job with the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! great job on the sketch & the color challange!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Love your designs! Lovely family too!

    XXL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi

    Love your designs! Lovely family too!

    XXL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love how it's bright, but still feels elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful! great colors from Dawn. You are right, the choc. chip panel is so much more striking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the clean and simple look so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderfully inspiring card!
    I love your take on this weeks challenge! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job! Love the big butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)