Friday, March 27, 2009

Occasions Mini Swap: Great Swaps Girls!


I hope this isn't too early... our due date for this swap was Tuesday but I doubt anyone has gotten them back yet (namely because I might have been a bit late with mine). But since I'm out of town today I thought I'd post this for lack of anything else.

This version is a tiny bit different than the one I sent in. We only do card fronts and I had one left over so I mounted it to a Cameo Coral card base. The other little difference is the piercing on the top left corner. After I did this (on my sample here) I decided the look was not quite what I was going for, so I left it out. I really struggled with where I put the ribbon on this and in the end ran out with at least 4 or 5 to go. Thank heavens for my awesome ribbon scraps jar- I found one last scrap just enough to finish off those swaps!

The trees in the background are stamped in Versamark for a very soft subtle look. The greeting and deer are both stamped in chocolate chip craft ink and embossed in clear powder. The grass was done with the aquapainter and some ink from the ink pad lid. Scalloped circle was done with the Big Shot.

TFL, I hope my gals like it. Have a great weekend!
~Kristin

ETA: Good Grief! Sorry for all the typos and crummy grammar. My mind must have been elsewhere when I typed up this post! I've fixed everything I could find.

Guess what else I forgot to say... this design with the circle off the corner was inspired by THIS card from Lisa Henke! Thanks Lisa, and sorry I didn't mention it before! Love your ideas and creativity girl!



SUO Supplies
Stamps: All Holidays, Forest Friends
Cardstock: Blush Blossom, Always Artichoke, Kraft, Cameo Coral
Ink: Versamark, Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke
Accessories: Kraft Taffeta Ribbon, Clear EP, Big Shot, Scalloped Circles die, circle cutter, distressing tool

4 comments:

  1. this is so cute! I love how it turned out. the subtle trees in the background are my favorite part of this card. such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card, Kristin! It's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! The trees in the background are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally adorable, Kristin! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)