Thursday, March 26, 2009

Don't Try This at Home!

Just kidding... sort of! Funny story- tomorrow is the last day to submit contest entries to Stampin' Up! (for demos only) for workshop ideas using the upcoming Occasions Mini products. I hadn't really considered entering this time, but true to my nature, at the last minute I thought "what the heck!"

So I whipped out this train set called Choo Choo and thought I'd try to remake THIS card so it is using current SU cardstock instead of the Long Note which is nearly 13.5 inches long total. I grabbed some 12x12 textured Sahara Sand and then ideas starting flowing...

(Not sure why you can't click on this picture to make it bigger. Click HERE to see a close-up shot of the inside.)

I love how it turned out, but between watching HGTV shows it probably took me 2 hours. And Oh My Gosh, you should see the mess on my desk!! I kept trying to think of easy ways to embellish this train so it is realistic for a Stamp Camp setting... well, that didn't happen. There are just too many cute possibilities for the train cards but I wanted them all cut out! You could do this with masking, but that's not as much fun and doesn't give as much dimension. Once I was about done and I realized this wouldn't work for a Stamp Camp I went ahead and finished it off with some retired Hodgepodge Hardware and Always Artichoke Grosgrain.

So thanks for stopping by today! I am going scrapbook shopping tomorrow since my long-awaited annual Scrapbook Getaway is NEXT WEEKEND! So I might not be posting, but you never know! ;)

~Kristin

LOL! I just noticed that I put "Birthday Happy" instead of "Happy Birthday" inside! Duh!

SUO Supplies

Stamps: Choo Choo, Darling Dots, Sweet Little Sentiments, On Your Birthday

Cardstock: Sahara Sand Textured (12x3), Very Vanilla

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Really Rust, Always Artichoke, Sahara Sand

Accessories: Word Window punch, Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware, Always Artichoke Grosgrain

4 comments:

  1. so did you send this in or not? it is just too, too cute! what a fabulous ides. I think you just sold me on this set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, everybody can have a "birthday happy", can't they? Your story cracked me up--perhaps it is a good thing I haven't gotten my TV in my stamp room! The card is cute, even if you didn't submit it--great for boys!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)