Friday, March 6, 2009

Delight in Spring!

Thanks for stopping by again! I am happy to show you this card I made yesterday when I wasn't feeling well. I looked to the color wheel for inspiration on this one. I knew I wanted to use this tree so I first turned to Chocolate Chip. I love that it shows Rose Red as a coordinating color because I really wanted to make this a flowering tree this time! See how flexible this set is?! Nothing says spring like a flowering tree in my opinion!

The third color I used is Almost Amethyst and I love it. The layer with the tree stamped on it is glued to the inside so you are actuallylooking through a window oval to view it.

Did you notice the large brads? They are new to this catalog and come in Chocolate, Vanilla, Silver and White!

I suppose I should also mention that this ribbon is NOT from Stampin' Up! It was in the clearance bin at Big Lots I think (my mom grabbed it for me- thanks mom!) and it is the only sheer dotted ribbon I have so I was happy to use it. That is the only thing that makes this card not SUO.

So what do you think?
Come again!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Branch Out, Define Your Life, Stitched
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, Almost Amethyst, Very Vanilla
Ink: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Almost Amethyst
Accessories: 5/16" jumbo brads, sponge daubers, non-SU: sheer dotted ribbon, oval cutters

9 comments:

  1. So pretty Kristin!! I finally just got this stamp set and may have to steal your color combo - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a weakness for this set..when I first saw it in the catty I was like hmmm I don't think so.. NOW I can't even put it down..I LOVE what you did.. I think I have to pick it up again! I feel a case coming on.. LOVE IT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making me want to buy this stamp set! Great color combo and I love those teensy butterflies.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. another faulbous creation! I really, really like this! that tree is growing on me! that ribbon is a perfect touch wish SU would get some!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I have not seen these colors used with this set yet. it looks super awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling card and fabulous staging with the little pebbles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristin,
    You have sold me on this stamp set. I have been debating about purchasing this one for quite some time. As always your creations are beautiful even when you weren't feeling well!!! I'm sure you had a smile on your face when you completed this card!
    Stampin' Smiles from Ear to Ear,
    Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! As I look out my front window at my neighbors' yard, they have a tree that reminds me so much of this image. I'm not sure what kind it is, but it is gorgeous none-the-less. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)