Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Welcome Home Baby Girl!

For Monday's CAS06 challenge I made two cards! Both were inspired by this website. The first one I made for a baby girl so of course I had to make a second one for a boy (I'm a mom- things must be fair!). I'm posting the baby girl card today and will post the other one tomorrow (just a teaser!).

Here are the shoes that inspired me. I took it very literally and fashioned my card in the same colors and design as the shoes! This ribbon, also part of the Ribbon Originals Valet pack, is new to me so I've been reaching for it often.

The sentiment is from Sweet Little Somethings, a level 1 hostess set. It is framed by Frames With a Flourish.

Did you notice the scored lines on the vanilla piece? I thought I'd do a faux stitch or paper piercing there then decided I really liked the simplicity of the scored lines!

TIP: Want help making this type of bow? A box bow I think it is called. Well, just cut a length of ribbon (I'd start with 4-5 inches) and tape the ends together to make a loop. Next, glue one end of the ribbon on the spool to the center of this loop (where the ends meet) and wrap it around once. Cut there and glue down. This way ensures that you don't waste any ribbon! You know me, nothing if not economical (yes, you can call it cheap if you want to).

Thanks for stopping by!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments, Frames With a Flourish
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Scoring blade, Valet Ribbon Originals

4 comments:

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)