Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Monday Afternoon!

It's time for another Mojo Monday Challenge!

What is not to love about this sketch? It can be simple, complex and anywhere in between! I stayed fairly true to the sketch, which is not all that unusual for a MOJO sketch since I love them so much! I started out in a completely different direction and just didn't like where I was headed. So I stopped, took a deep breath and started over. LOL!


The colors I chose are Kraft, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Ballet Blue and Whisper White. These happened to pile up on my desk last week and I just left them because I thought it was a fun color combo I could use. Initially I stamped my Saffron panel, then didn't like it so went with the Texturz Plate and embossed it. So glad I did, even if it is hard to capture in a photo.

I also embossed the Taken with Teal panel with the same plate, just opposite side. Finally, I stamped my main image using Ballet Blue ink (refill on my next order!) and Say it With Scallops stamp set. Punched out the normally square image with my circle punch, added some ribbon and jumbo brads and voila!

So what do you think? Leave me a comment and I will pick someone randomly (by closing my eyes and pointing probably- sorry, not real fancy around here) to send this to. Don't worry, I won't write in it- that way you can send it on to brighten someone else's day!

Also, don't forget that TOMORROW is the last day to SALE-A-BRATE! Be sure to place your order here and be eligible for not only a FREE SAB product, but also a FREE Idea Book & Catalog!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Kristin~

Oops, forgot my supply list and also a note to tell you that I cannot, for the life of me, photo the vibrant colors well on this card! I've tried and tried... need some lessons on my Rebel!


SUO Supplies:

Stamps: Say it with Scallops

Paper: Kraft, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Ballet Blue, Whisper White

Accessories: Texturz Plates, Big Shot, Scallop circle punch, circle punches, Wide Brocade Grosgrain, jumbo brads.

6 comments:

  1. Great card - I love your jumbo brad idea. Would never have thought of that - I guess that's what makes these challenges great is seeing others' interpretations
    TFS
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, girlie! glad to see your card today (I looked for it twice, no pressure ;) this is really nice. I like the clean lines and simpleness (is that a word?) of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kristin, I just love your blog and checking out your cards. I think everyday that I am going to steal all of your ideas and then... I don't but someday I will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved how you punched around the brads. Really fun accent. Great job on the mojo sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you punched around the brads!! Very pretty!! Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)