Sunday, March 1, 2009

You're Nothing But a Big Shot!

On a previous post I showed lots of different projects without any real detail so I thought I would give a quick explanation for a few of them. First of all, this little boxed gift set with 3 note cards and a little box to put them in... the holder is made from 2 Scallop Envelopes (made with the Big Shot). Basically you trim the bottom flap off so it is only about a 1/2" wide and glue all the flaps of the two together. If you have the envelopes it is pretty easy to figure out. BTW, I did NOT come up with this idea, it has been widely shared by demonstrators, and I have been unable to trace it back to the originator so far.

The three matching cards I made are 3x3 and fit easily into the 3.25" wide box. Each of these was made with Sale-a-Bration products, including the Delicate Dots DSP as well as stamp set Polka Dot Punches. I also included sentiments from Short & Sweet as well as Think Happy Thoughts.

This adorable little box was also made with the Scalloped Envelope Die & Big Shot- but four of them this time! Also, there is no need for trimming as the bottom flaps form to make the bottom of the box. I wanted to show all the fun patterns in this pack of DSP so I used a different paper for each side.

The embellishment on the front is a stamp from Polka Dot Punches again, embossed in white, then punched out and layered with a clear button and some Certainly Celery Grosgrain ribbon. It would be a perfect little basket to hold a chocolate Easter bunny for a special someone! Best part it, it is so easy!

Well, I haven't stamped for 2 days (wore myself out on Friday I think and it was my DH's birthday yesterday) so I'll get busy and have something new to show you soon!

Thanks for stopping by,
~Kristin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to show more detail of your sweet projects.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  2. what great boxes so pretty thanks for the details
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)