Sunday, March 15, 2009

WARNING: read before scrolling down

I promised I would give fair warning if I share some of my scrapbook pages I completed this week so consider this it! As I mentioned yesterday hunting and trapping is an everyday part of life at my house so I have an entire album dedicated to it (this also ensures that all my other albums are "safe" for anyone who would prefer to not see this aspect of our lives). We refer to it as our Critters No Moore album which is obviously a play on our last name, and the name of my hubby's nusiance trapping business.

I know not everyone is accustomed to this and would want to see pictures of dead animals so I am first posting a card then you can proceed with caution if you want to see more. I will link the pages in a small format so you can click on them to make them larger if you are interested in detail. I hope that works for everyone! And just to clarify, I do not participate in these activities. I enjoy the outdoors and the adventure, but that's it. I don't necessarily enjoy scrapping these either, but this is great bonding time for my husband and kiddos and they very much appreciate and enjoy the album; so much that I couldn't refuse!

So here's a card I made today.

In case you haven't seen it yet, this is using the new Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder! Isn't it beautiful?! This is black cardstock but I have used an old technique to shimmer it up- namely, Pearl Ex in hairspray sprayed all over the whole thing. The ribbon is from Valet Ribbon Originals (new to me) and the sentiment is Oval All layered with the new scallop oval punch! I really wanted the sentiment to look silky and sophisticated like the raised roses so I embossed it in black on glossy white cardstock, then watercolord the flower a bit. The two tiny dew drops at the bottom are the only thing that is not from Stampin' Up!. They were a gift from my pal Lisa (found them Lisa!) so I don't know the brand. Hope you like it!

Now on to the scrapbook pages:

Great Catch! First day of trapping season. This layout was done with the new Simply Scrappin' Kit Hoppy Memories. Both layouts were inspired by sketches on SCS I believe.

Wanted: Dead or Alive. Daughter's first squirrel hunt.
Hardcore Trappers. Hides from the entire 2006 season.


Thanks for stopping by! Don't worry, no more scrapbook pages tomorrow! ;)
~Kristin

5 comments:

  1. I just had to make a comment, when I came across your blog the other day. The scrapbook pages are really nice, any chance you want to ship your daughter to my mom's house? The squirrels have plagued her for years and now are stealing the mail from her curbside box!

    I LOVE the card--beautifully elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages girlie! I'm so happy to see that scarpbook kit put to use. I've had mine for over a month and haven't opened it yet. love the cirlces on the layout. we're not into hunting and trapping but I'm so intrigues by it. I can't believe how little the kids are in those pictures! Looks like you got a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and I forgot to say, hey, you found the dew drops! yeah! that card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up in a hunting and trapping family and I was about five when I went on my first squirrel hunt with my grandpa. We ate them and truly they are delicious. I used to take my boyfriends squirrel hunting when I was a teenager! My dad used to trap and used to have piles of hides just like that . . . but now he is just down to deer hunting and duck hunting. GREAT pages!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages Kristin! I've grown up with hunting and guns all my life, so I know these pages will be treasures for your kids. Hunting wasn't just for sport ... we ate what we caught. Speedystamper is right ... squirrel is delicious. I have very fond memories of hunting with my grandpa, dad and older brother.

    Your card is marvelous. I'll be ordering the Manhattan Embossing Folder next week.
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)