Monday, March 9, 2009

MOJO77 is HERE!


Here I am again with today's Mojo Monday sketch! You really can't go wrong with a Mojo sketch- they are so unique and not just basic, typical layouts.

Remember a little while ago I posted a THIS beaded flower card (scroll down to 2nd card in that post)? Well, I really wanted to try it again but hadn't because the fine green beads were the only SU beads I have... well, today I dug through my non-SU stash and found a tiny hex-nut bottle with a tiny amount of misc. beads in it. Obviously someone shared these with me so I have no idea what brand they are but I can say for sure they are old!

Anyway, I used Fifth Avenue Floral again, but a different flower this time. I watercolored a tiny bit around the outside so it would stand out more. The chipboard ring framing the flower was inked with Rose Red craft and clear embossed. No my brads are not supposed to be in a straight line, I decided to try curving them with the chipboard just for a fun and unexpected something. I wish they looked more Basic Gray than they do- they are from the vintage variety pack of brads and looked a little more gray in the container (unless I grabbed the wrong ones).

I had a lot of fun with this! I hope you'll try this technique- 'stamping with beads' we'll call it! You'll need some craft ink (or Versamark) and some heat & stick powder and of course some fine beads. If mishandled they can come off, but if you can resist touching too much they will stay on just fine. Oh, and here's a closeup of the beads for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the Mojo sketch! BTW, I am not affiliated in anyway with Mojo- I just am loving their sketches!

Stop by tomorrow for something I put together for the CAS challenge today! Have a great day!


~Kristin
PS- To Jeannette my most loyal poster: do you have a blog? I want to see and comment on all your lovely works of art! I feel bad not being able to reciprocate your sweet comments! You can email me at stamp_for_smiles at embarqmail dot com!
SUO Supplies (unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral, sentiment from Stem Silhouettes (retired)
Paper: Basic Gray, Rose Red, Whisper White, Summer Picnic DSP
Ink: Silver, Rose REd Craft, Basic Black
Accessories: Chipboard, clear EP, Rose Red grosgrain, Vintage Brads, Non-SU: fine beads.

7 comments:

  1. Love this, Kristin! Great technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen!
    You sure made a cute one!! I love the way you curved the brads and that circle cut out kind of protects the beads from being knocked off. VERY clever!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. you do wonders with these layouts. love, love, love it! the curved brads are my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative center flower.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card, love your choice of colors! BR-T

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)