Saturday, March 7, 2009

Friend to Friend

I needed a quick card today and found this beauty by AJ (Willosmama). I love the simplicity and decided to CASE (copy and share everything) it! Here is my version with a few changes. I grabbed DSP from my scrap stash of some old retired papers, used Pocket Silhouettes stamp set and made mine square. I also added the detail of the perforation around the top and sides just to balance it a little more since my stamp is not quite to scale like AJ's is. This was done with the perforation tool on the Cutter Kit which I've almost never used until now... I think I'm liking the possibility!

OH, I almost forgot that I won a contest on http://www.soshelli.com/ yesterday! Shelli Gardner is the CEO/founder of Stampin' Up! and hosts a challenge on her blog each month. I try to enter each time just for fun, and honest-to-goodness, she picked my card this time! Although I'm not exactly sure which one since I posted a link to a huge assortment of SAB projects I've done. Anyway, THANKS SHELLI and a big HI to everyone stopping by my blog via Shelli's contest page!

Thanks for looking today! And thanks for all the well wishes. I'm afraid I'm still under the weather with this nasty headcold. Since we've all had it in my family we're down to only one box of tissues left to share which is NOT GOOD! Everytime someone sneezes I hear "where is the kleenex box?!?" and it's usually me yelling it! Speaking of empty tissue boxes, here's a handy TIP: use an empty tissue box (I like the small rectangle ones that stand upright) on your stampin' table for small scraps of trash! Very handy- I save them all the time and once they are full then it goes in the trash can. Now I've got plenty of empties! You could even decorate them so they are pretty if you want- but they come in so many fun colors now that I don't bother.

Hope you are having a great weekend!
~Kristin

SUO Supplies
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes
Cardstock: Kraft, scraps of Spring Flowers & Petals and Paisleys
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Button Bouquet, Fresh Favorites Buttons, Soft Subtles buttons, Linen Thread, Perforation Tool on the Cutter Kit.

6 comments:

  1. feel better soon. glad you are still creating and sharing though. great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Sorry you're still sick, but your creative output sure hasn't suffered. Staying away from my DH didn't work ... now, as of last night, I'M sick. Geesh!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, forgot to say ... you won for your die-cut box with the butterfly on top. Super project!
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin- I just love this! it's just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a simple card yet so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen your cards on Splitcoast and Stampin' Up and I am always drawn to them. They are so simple yet beautiful at the same time. Thank you for all your inspiring cards and helping with my creative mojo! I always feel that I can do more when I look at your wonderful cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)