Thursday, March 19, 2009

MOJO Monday... on a Thursday?!?

Well, you know how it is right?! I actually had this made on Monday night but didn't get it photographed until Wednesday and I already had 2 posts yesterday so this got pushed to today!

I really like Mojo sketches- I've said that a dozen times before! They always have a unique twist and are always motivating.

This week I don't know how this card fell into place. I think I decided on using Tart & Tangy first. That took me a while, but I wanted to emphasize that curve at the bottom of that panel since that was the most unique and fun feature of this sketch. Recently I'd seen the words from this old set Sidekick Sayings used in a similar manner and I just LOVED it! That is a set that just didn't get much use from me.

The colors started with the red apple so I first grabbed the checked pattern from the Bella Rose DSP (I hadn't used that pattern yet at all!). Next went to the Summer Picnic DSP and chose the other two red patterns. Lately I've been enjoying keeping to two colors plus neutrals- I guess it is kind of eye pleaseing to me right now. I love the Old Olive with these shades of red so grabbed that wide grosgrain to finish this baby off.

So what do you think?? I'm real happy with it. I toyed with several ideas of embellishments to add then decided that would just clutter it up. It was already making me smile without them so I figured they were unnecessary!

Thanks for visiting me today, and for all the kind comments you guys always leave. They make me smile for sure, and so happy blogging! I feel like I've met so many nice "virtual" friends by doing this! Thank you!


~Kristin


SUO Supplies
Stamps: Tart & Tangy, Sidekick Sayings
Paper: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Bella Rose, Summer Picnic
Ink: Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories: Circle punches, circle cutter, Wide Old Olive Grosgrain

4 comments:

  1. I think it turned out wonderfully. I love all the red and the different patterns. hmmmmm, forgot about that set and it was one I HAD to HAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job with the Mojo sketch! Your designer paper choices are perfect with the stamped images! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very fun! Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love it! I struggled with this layout, but you chose just the right paper & stamps! Cute!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much- your comments make my day! (if you are a spammer- GO AWAY! I will not publish your comment or your link to your crappy website! You are the reason I no longer allow anonymous comments. Jerks!)